Re: [Evolution] Backing up and restoring

Hello team

all ready i send the mail to your team dont send the useless mail to me this is my third reminder ,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Fri, 2012-01-20 at 02:08 -0800, Jeffrey Needle wrote:
> Using Evolution 3.2.1.  I notice when I back up, Evolution appends the
> date to the filename.  This is not a good practice for me.  I see that
> I can remove this each time I do a backup, but is there a way to set
> Evolution so that it stops adding this information?  Older versions
> didn't do this.  Thanks.

       Hi,
unfortunately not, if you do this from Evolution UI itself, though it's
still only a suggested file name, you can change it - as you wrote. You
can invoke backup of evolution from outside, using
  $ /usr/libexec/evolution/3.2/evolution-backup
where you can pass the file name with other options for the backup. It's
run like this, when evolution and its processes is not running
(basically after 'evolution --force-shutdown'):
  $ evolution-backup --gui --backup /path/and/filename.tar.gz
       Bye,
       Milan