Re: [Evolution] Ran out of Disk Space Error

On Sun, 2012-01-15 at 13:16 +0000, Jennifer Richards wrote:
I have the alternate folder location as noted in the reference you gave
it is:

$HOME/.local/share/evolution has 773 items, totalling 783.7 MB.

$HOME/.config/evolution has 56 items, totalling 56.8 KB

$HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution is 59 items, totalling 133.7 KB

Not sure if this is good or not, they are non-zero which seems good, but
my inbox and folders were many thousands of emails so the size seems too
small. And still evolution does not start except to wizard new user
screen.

What I don't understand is that I ran out of disk space, evolution was
not running but is corrupt/missing, why would the files be
lost/over-written and why I now have 50Gib free and the only thing
apparently missing is evolution. I would have expected the computer to
stop but not overwrite data??

        Hi,
the information about configured accounts is stored in GConf, and if it
failed to store its cached values due to disk full error then it results
in this New Account Wizard issue. The problem is that adding new
accounts will not help, because they will get assigned new IDs, but you
can use your outdated backup and restore from it only account
definitions. If you didn't add any new account, or removed or anything
like that, then you'll be able to restore it also with your mails.

Make sure you've not running any evolution related processes, like
e-calendar-factory, e-addressbook-factory or evolution-alarm-notify.
Then extract the backup file to a /tmp or anywhere else, to a new
directory, find there the backup-restore-gconf.xml file. Replace in it
each "#EVO_USERDATADIR#" with "/home/login/.local/share/evolution" and
run this command:
   $ gconftool-2 --load backup-restore-gconf.xml
which should restore your accounts.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan