Re: [Evolution] sort by date and group by threads

Le jeudi 12 janvier 2012 Ã 10:40 +0100, Milan Crha a Ãcrit :
On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 18:25 +0100, Bastien Durel wrote:
Sorting config is good, but threads stay as they are.
How should I check if the gconf is good ?

      Hi,
probably only with gdb, and even that may work only if the corresponding
variable is not optimized out during the compile. In function
message_list_construct() is this read into
message_list->priv->thread_latest. I have it on line message-list.c:2891
on 3.2.3 sources. Try something like this with debuginfo packages
installed:

   $ gdb evolution --ex "b message-list.c:2891" --ex r --ex n --ex \
     "p message_list->priv->thread_latest" --ex \
     "b message-list.c:1874" --ex c \
     --ex "p message_list->priv->thread_latest" \
     --ex "d bt 2" --ex c --ex q

Which may, if I didn't do a typo in the command and line numbers are
same for you as for me, print what it read on the construct and what it
used when sorting by the column value. It stops on the second breakpoint
only if the column it sorts with is either date or received column.

I'm not sure if it's much of help for an ordinary user :)
      Bye,
      Milan
Hello,

Well ... maybe I had to close evolution with --force-close, and not only
with the WM close button: today (after a shutdown) "it works" as
expected.
Thanks for your time, and sorry for this mistake.

Is GConf using something like a cache which may have been invalidated by
the modifications I made into ?

Regards,

--
Bastien Durel