Re: [Evolution] How to input addresses in bulk into contact list

On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 10:36 -0500, Swarup wrote:
Thank you for your detailed instructions, which are very clear.

I have gone over to the computer with the Thunderbird account. It has
the latest i.e. newest version of TB. Here are the format options for
exporting address book files from TB:

LDIF
comma separated
tab delimited

So there is no option listed for VCard format (.vcf).

This being the case, what do you suggest I do?

I'm surprised.  I thought for sure Thunderbird of all things would
support such a common and standardized data format.

A quick Google search for "thunderbird export vcard" turned up a few
Add-Ons that might help.  I haven't tried any so I can't recommend one.

Failing that, Evolution does have an LDIF importer, but I can't vouch
for how well it works.  Probably better than CSV at any rate.

Matthew Barnes