Re: [Evolution] serial 138770 error_code 8 request_code 59 minor_code 0

The program 'evolution' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)'.
(Details: serial 138770 error_code 8 request_code 59 minor_code 0)

What can/must I do ?

What version of Evolution?  What desktop are you using? (i.e. Gnome,
KDE, whatever)

Evolution 2.32.2 on GNOME-Version 2.32.1 from Ubuntu

That's a very old version of Evolution.  It is unlikely that the
Evolution devs will fix a bug (if there is one) in that version.  If the
problem corresponds to a bug fixed in a later version, then it would be
up to the Ubuntu maintainers to back port the patch to the version they
distribute.

Does Evolution crash completely? Is the crash reproducible?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES ! Haven't tried it yet, 'coz I'm
happy with a running system. But I remember what I was doing before the
crash was only rapidly scrolling down in a large mail ?:-|

A one off crash on an X call from an unknown part of the code is not
going to be easy to get to the bottom of. The only way to deal with it
is if the crash is reproducible and you can get a debugger back trace of
the crashed code.

P.