Re: [Evolution] A breakdown in my evolution under F17-Correction

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 10:39 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
I have F17 installed on 2 F17 machines. On one I use evolution regularly
on the other I use evolution hardly at all. But suddenly both evolution
programs broke down in the same way. On one machine when I did a send
and receive I was presented with the downloading of 255 messages.
Normally I have no more that 100 on that machine. After downloading i
had 206 messages in my Inbox. At the top were the real non-junk e-mails
followed by 100 or so junk e-mails which repeated themselves and
appeared in descending date order.

So I went to the other machine with the evolution that I rarely use and
whose configuration I have not changed recently. Its behavior was the
same as on the first machine.

Both machine use evolution 3.4.5

Both machines use a POP server so I wondered if the POP server was
having problems. But went I went to my wife's machine using Outlook
there were no problems.

Has any one have any idea what may be going on?
How could I re-install the evolution from scratch?.

I made a mistake. I am running evolution 3.4.3.
"Mr. Spock succumbs to a powerful mating urge and nearly kills Captain
Kirk." -- TV Guide, describing the Star Trek episode _Amok_Time_