Re: [Evolution] Again no smooth upgrade from Evolution 3.2 to 3.4

Hi,

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 09:50 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
unfortunately after upgrading from Evolution 3.2 to 3.4 there were again
changes and regressions. Is there no way to do some quality assurance?

Oh, sure there is: Get a Service Level Agreement with the business
edition of your favorite distribution.

It is disappointing that there are issues after *every* upgrade. It is
really a bad user experience and quite nerve taking.

Anybody could help by testing unstable versions / migrations and report
bugs in bugzilla.gnome.org before the major (stable) version is
released.

Here are my issues. I have *not* looked yet, if there are any open
tickets at GNOMEâs Bugzilla already.

Did you upgrade your distro?
Or did you use a fresh install and Backup/Restore in Evolution?

1. The settings for sorting of messages were not kept. I had it on
ÂDate before and after starting Evolution 3.4 nothing was selected,
which was quite confusing since messages are not displayed where they
are supposed too.

2. In Evolution 3.2 if there was a warning, a orange area was put into
the window, with a button to discard, which I could select with a
keyboard shortcut (in German Alt + v) and hit space bar to also discard
it.

In Evolution 3.4 the button is gone and I have to use the mouse to click
on the cross.

Confirming.

3. My spelling settings were also not migrated. I had it set to check
for German and English. In Evolution 3.4 it is only German again.

/data/evolution.convert in git lists composer-spell-languages.
Might be a bug in the migration from gconf to GSettings.
Would be interesting to know if conversion of other arrays worked.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper