Re: [Evolution] Running evolution-3.2.2 outside of the gnome desktop?

 (2) I want to import KMail maildir emails into Evo, but it doesn't
seem to know about KMail.

If KMail uses maildir format, then why should it specifically need to
mention "KMail" - unless there's something odd about the Maildir format
used by KMail?

     So perhaps I can copy the email files into Evo's folders, but I
can't figure out how they are stored.
     I do see that the storage place is in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/cur, but although there are 2
emails in Inbox and 1 in Sent, the /local/cur directory contains all
three, i.e. there is no separate directory for Inbox and Sent, so
cannot figure out where to copy Sent-Mail and Inbox so they show in
their separate folders on Evo's front page.

No, don't manually copy or change anything in Evolution's (or any other
application's) internal folders - it just causes confusion and is not
something that the developers would have catered for.

If you have a bunch of mail in Maildir format outside of Evolution's
internal folders, then create a new account of type "Maildir-format mail
directories" and point Evo at the correct location on disk.  The mail
will then appear in a separate sub folder.  If you wish to move the mail
to Evolution's own folders, then just copy and paste within Evolution.
You can, also, if you wish, just leave the mail where it is and
Evolution will manage it there.

P.