Re: [Evolution] Running evolution-3.2.2 outside of the gnome desktop?

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:37:32 -0200, Lailah wrote:

I'm using Evolution with KDE and it works very well.

  I'm trying Evo 3.4.1 under Mageia-2 KDE 4.8.2, but have 2 problems:

 (1) When trying to set up e.g. a signature, although the cursor
appears in the input field, any keyboard action is a no-op, until
several minutes later, then it works normally.
  Happens nowhere else outside Evo...

 (2) I want to import KMail maildir emails into Evo, but it doesn't
seem to know about KMail.
     So perhaps I can copy the email files into Evo's folders, but I
can't figure out how they are stored.
     I do see that the storage place is in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/cur, but although there are 2
emails in Inbox and 1 in Sent, the /local/cur directory contains all
three, i.e. there is no separate directory for Inbox and Sent, so
cannot figure out where to copy Sent-Mail and Inbox so they show in
their separate folders on Evo's front page.

(I'm trying Evo because KDE 4.8.2's KMail is unusable for me...)

Help!!

--
/\/\aurice
        (Retired in Surrey, UK)