[Evolution] Evolution 3.4.1: 2 problems

I'm trying Evo 3.4.1 under Mageia-2 KDE 4.8.2, but have 2 problems:

 (1) When trying to set up e.g. a signature or filter, although the
cursor appears in the input field, sometimes any keyboard action is a
no-op, until several minutes later, then it works normally.
  Happens nowhere else outside Evo...

 (2) I want to import KMail maildir emails into Evo, but it doesn't
seem to know about KMail.
     So perhaps I can copy the email files into Evo's folders, but I
can't figure out how they are stored.
     I do see that the storage place is in
~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/cur, but although there are 2
emails in Inbox and 1 in Sent, the /local/cur directory contains all
three, i.e. there is no separate directory for Inbox and Sent, so
cannot figure out where to copy Sent-Mail and Inbox so they show in
their separate folders on Evo's front page.
    So how can Inbox email be imported into Inbox, and Sent-Mail
into Sent?

Evo 3.4.1 is so much better than the 2.30 I tried last year, and I
woulkd vefy much like to move onto it (from KMail).

Help!!

/\/\aurice
        (Retired in Surrey, UK)