[Evolution] how to update EVO outside of distro packages

Can someone steer me to a good set of instructions to fetch and install the latest stable Evolution (v3.4.1 ?) and all of its parts replacing my current software suite and leaving my data intact?

Why do this?  I'm having all sorts of flakey troubles and hope that the new[er] software will clear some of them away.

I'm running EVO v3.2.2 from a DEB package that came from the Linux Mint-12 and *-buntu repositories.  This will make it easy to remove what is already there, but I have no idea how to do the full install from non-repository parts.

Thanks in advance,
~~~ 0;-Dan