Re: [Evolution] NNTP: How to send messages to Usenet/Newsgroup?

Am Montag, den 16.04.2012, 00:31 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Mon, 2012-04-16 at 00:57 +0200, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
What SMTP server?

The smtp server, which I use to send mails from my imap accounts.
So do I. Using the SMTP server of 1&1 to send mails to the news server
of the DFN.

SMTP is not used for posting to newsgroups (unless it's via an
intermediate gateway).
Never thought about a gateway, but noticed, that evolution uses
something called "driver" (maybe bad translation to German) when
choosing server type USENET-News.

poc