[Evolution] trouble with "Send Link" from within a browser

I'm running EVO v3.2.2 and a problem continues to drive me nuts (OKay it is a short putt rather than a drive.) Yes, I've written about this before without making any progress to solution.

In a browser, I select File --> SendLink.  After some click & whirr, I get an EVO compose message window.

The web page title appears as the subject line -- a nice touch.
The web page URL appears in the message body ... BROKEN.

Instead of getting the URL on a single line of text, I get two lines:
==========
ttp://the.rest.dot/of/the/web/address

Can someone help me sort this out?
How do I discover where this error lives:  browser, MAPI* handoff, EVO, elsewhere?
How do I make it go away?

Thanks in advance,
~~~ 0;-Dan

* MAPI -- I used this win-dose term since I don't know how linux accomplishes this browser
to email client send-message hand off and launch.