Re: [Evolution] How do I rerun the Evolution 3.0.x mail conversion tool ? / Use This Version; Manual Conversion With mbox2Maildir.py

I cleaned up the confusing script comments.
Please use this attached version instead.

I converted my mbox to Maildir format using the script
posted in Comment 1 of the following URL:

http://rg03.wordpress.com/2007/11/22/universal-mailbox-converter-in-24-lines/

It is attached too.

Illustration of steps (be careful):

+ACQ- chmod u+-x mbox2Maildir.py

+ACQ- cd +AH4-/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/

The following individual commands need to be all in 1 line!
Depending on the size, each of these can take quite a long,
so go for a break and don't ^C cancel it.

Convert 1 mbox at a time to new Maildir folder:
+ACQ- echo OldSrcEmailFolderInmboxFormat .hiddenFolderNewDstMaildirFormat |
  { read src dst ; mkdir -p +ACQ-dst/{cur,new,tmp} ;
  /path/mbox2Maildir.py ../mbox/+ACQ-src +ACQ-dst ; }

Convert .sbd nested mbox 1 at a time:
+ACQ- echo oldSrcmbox newDstMaildirNoDot |
  { read src dst ; mkdir -p .nestedMaildir.+ACQ-dst/{cur,new,tmp} ;
  /path/mbox2Maildir.py
    ../mbox/OldNestedmbox.sbd/+ACQ-src
    .newNestedMaildir.+ACQ-dst ; }

Batch Conversion (Read List Of mbox Names From stdin):
+ACQ- { while read folder ;
  do echo ; echo '---'; echo Converting +ACQ-folder ;
  mkdir -p .NewNestedMaildir.+ACQ-folder/{cur,new,tmp} ;
  /path/mbox2Maildir.py ../mbox/OldNestedmbox.sbd/+ACQ-folder
  .NewNestedMaildir.+ACQ-folder ; done ; }

Note:
This syntax:
  mkdir -p .nestedMaildir.+ACQ-dst/{cur,new,tmp}
is mkdir 3 directories at a time --
  .nestedMaildir.+ACQ-dst/new, etc.

After all (or each one), start Evolution,
click to open the new folder,
and click away to another folder
to trigger the loading of the new mail folder.

Hope that workaround the mail conversion problem.

--
Daniel Yek.