Re: [Evolution] How do you want printed emails to look like?

But I'd like to hear from all of you what do you think about the proposed
look, what would you change or keep, or remove... I have printed the email in
various mail clients so that you can compare it and find some inspiration :)

The new WebKit one looks great!

Only things that I though looked better in the others, and if borrowed
by the WebKit one would improve it, were:
* in the Kmail example, the box around the header: the light brown CSS
box with a black border is nice, because it emphasises and distinguishes
this crucial who/what/when information. It's also nice to have the
subject (the "what") as the very first thing, in bold, with a line
underneath it.
* The footers from Thunderbird are good, with the "1 of 2" page
numbering on the left, and the date of printing on the right. I always
want page numbers & page range so that I can make sure I've got all the
bits of paper, and got them in order. Date of printing is occasionally
handy, but not essential (and if omitted then the page number & range
should probably be in the centre of the page). Personally, I don't
particularly want the subject in the header of all pages though.
* From the Thunderbird one, it's could be good to include the
attachments at the end, rather than the start - since they can be
unimportant - although it very much depends on the context.
* Like the Gmail one, nice to show the number of attachments, such as
"Attachments: 3", instead of just "Attachments".

All these things are personal preference of course.

 You've just invited upon
 yourself a bikeshed discussion since everyone and their dog will
 have an opinion to offer.

Red with black highlights around the door frames! ;-)

Seriously though, the feedback I've seen is constructive and genuine and
given in good faith, and most of it seems compatible. It's not debate
for the sake of debate.

-- All the best,
Nick.