Re: [Evolution] New user, few questions

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 14:27 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 18:42 +0100, sweetthdevil gmail com wrote:
Anyway now to the questions:

 I am using two google account (mail/calendar/etc)

- I wanted to rename the calendar name (listed as "Calendar" within
evolution) renaming it from evolution doesn't work, and I can't find an
option within gmail.

It's hard-coded as "Calendar" for now, but I hope to improve this in 3.4
such that setting up a Google account through GNOME Online Accounts will
list *all* your Google calendars by their actual calendar names as shown
on Google.  There's some messy infrastructure stuff that needs improved
on before this can happen, which I'm working on now.

- I want to be able to re-arrange the folder, for that I was using a
plugin call conversation in Thunderbird (see below for url). This
basically will show you only what's important for you.
I.E. in my case, my two inbox folder (and the possibility to have one
view with the two inbox together, and the RSS feed. The rest can be
expand only when needed.
The view is therefore tidier not to mention the fact you do not have
the need to scroll up and down all the time to access different
mailboxes.

Search Folders can do a lot of this kind of thing.  I think some users
even use Search Folders exclusively and just leave their account trees
collapsed.

We don't have anything like Thunderbird's "favorite" folders.  I've
considered it in the past, but we just don't have it yet.

- As I am only using my two gmail account I do not need the "On this
Computer" folder can we remove them? Only if the RSS folder can then
be move elsewhere.

You can't actually remove "On This Computer", but in 3.4 you'll be able
to at least hide it from the sidebar and also reorder accounts in the
sidebar (a long requested feature).

- Again as I am using two gmail account I do not want to keep my
entire inbox locally in order to save hard-drive space, so an option
to keep only the last 30 days of email locally would be great.

We don't have any options to limit cache size at the moment, although I
could foresee such an option being more like a web browser cache limit
where you pick a fixed cache size and it trims the least recently seen
mails rather than mails with the oldest date stamps.

Matthew Barnes

Again,

Many thanks for the prompt reply!

I had a look into the Search folder and it does the trick! However I set
it up with the following options:

Find Items: "If all conditions are met"
Includes threads: None

Conditions: Date received - is after - 15 days ago
Selected folder : the two inboxes from the two accounts

But it only shows emails from the default account and not the other one, I have played with settings without
success, any suggestion?