Re: [Evolution] Evolution calendar dreadfully slow

Evolution itself doesn't use Beagle, it uses it's own internal searches.
Beagle is a desktop search thing and AFAIK F15 doesn't install Beagle.
It may be that that particular file is a left over from a long time ago
- try moving it somewhere else to see if it makes a difference.

Back to this issue. I've moved the old Beagle file out of the way. This
seems to have sped things up somewhat but not completely.

If I open Evo directly to the calendar => 50 sec + another 7 seconds to open a new appt.
Move back to Calendar from Mail and open new appt: 13 sec.

Open Evo to mail: 5 sec.
Then to Calendar and open new appt: 40 sec

11 sec to open new appt once in calendar.

These still seem like excessive times. So I'm wondering if my
calendar.ics file is too big--6.2MB, going back about 6 years.

If it's too big, can someone advise me how to start over with a new
small file yet keep this file accessible for when I need to check old
email?

Thanks.

Correction: 'for when I need to check old appointments'...