Re: [Evolution] How can I prevent Evolution from storing IMAP mails in filesystem?

On Sat, 2011-11-19 at 23:41 +0100, Thomas Broda wrote:
Since I'm paranoid, I dont't want my mails being stored in the local
filesystem. Is there any way to prevent Evolution from doing this?

If you're that paranoid I'd suggest just stick to web mail.  Caching
data locally for faster access is kind of the point of a native mail
application.

Or if you don't have web mail access to your account, at least check
your home directory permissions, keep your screen locked when you're
away from your computer, and perhaps even encrypt your file system in
the event of theft.

If someone else gains access to your user account you've already lost,
whether your mail is cached locally or not.

Matthew Barnes