Re: [Evolution] Evolution Caldav - No Password Prompt

On Thu, 2011-11-17 at 19:51 -0800, Martin Ying wrote:
I'm trying to connect to exchange for calendering.  I've set up an
instance of Davmail running locally and I've configured Evolution's
Caldav.  The symptom I observer is no calendar after configuration.
 Looking at the Davmail logs, there is a HTTP 401 Unauthorized.  That
makes sense because I would have expected Evolution to prompt me for a
password which it never did.  I'm using Evolution 3.2.1.  The IMAP,
SMTP and LDAP configuration to connect to Davmail all worked and each
type asked me for the password as I expected.  Am I doing something
wrong?  Is password prompting something triggered by the Caldav
server, another words, is this a Davmail error/problem?

I have Davmail/CalDAV setup to an Exchange server and it works as you
would expect - i.e. I was prompted for a password the first time I
logged in and when I change the password on the sever, I'm prompted for
a new password.

Are you sure you have the correct format for the URL - mine is something
like

  caldav://locahost:1080/users/<email address>/calendar

Perhaps you already have a password stored that it's trying to use -
look in the gnome-keyring (probably using seahorse) for a caldav entry
for the server and remove it (after first making sure Evo is shutdown),
you should be prompted for the password when you try and open the
calendar.

P.