Re: [Evolution] POP3 stopped working after upgrade to 3.0

It still checks and received POP3 email when started the first time.
But then when click on the the 'Send/Receive' button, or at scheduled
receiving time, the pop-up window flashes by, but nothing is actually
received ever since.  If close the application and reopen it, then it
can check and receive for once.

This was not observed before.

Hi Daye,

I had a similar issue to the one above where Evolution stopped
sending/receiving POP3 email and after much investigation I found that
the Network Proxy setting in Fedora Core 14 (in the system menu) where I
had set the work place proxy was somehow stopping Evolution from
working. I got the same pop-up window flashing by but no email from
POP3.

I changed my configuration to have the proxy set in Evolutiuon
Preferences -> Network Preferences and set the Network Proxy setting in
Fedora to direct. That got Evolution working and then to allow programs
to access the web from desktop by proxy, I manually the http_proxy
variable to the corporate proxy.

Regards
Phil