Re: [Evolution] Restore a backup from Evo 3.0 to Evo 2.3

On Tue, 2011-05-24 at 10:33 -0500, Arthur Machlas wrote:
Hi, please cc me on replies
After trying out Gnome 3 and Evo 3 on Fedora 15 I've gone back to
Gnome 2 and Evo 2 on Debian Squeeze. Should get a couple more years
out of it there and hopefully things will be a bit better next time I
try it. Anyway, did a backup and tried to restore, but I gather some
important things have changed, as the restore option didn't work, and
I can't import the emails either.

Backup/Restore only goes forward.

How can I get the emails that are backed up and stored under the 'cur'
folder, into Evo 2.3 which doesn't seem to have a cur folder?
My best guess is maybe install thunderbird, import them into that,
then export them into a format that evo 2.3 can read? Assistance
greatly appreciated.

Create an MailDir account, copy the messages to that, and configure the
same MailDir account in the older version of Evolution.  Should be very
fast.