Re: [Evolution] [ANNOUNCE] Evolution-EWS (Exchange Web Services) Alpha release

On 6 May 2011 10:05, Thomas Novin <thomas xyz pp se> wrote:
(sorry for reply-method, limiation of my MTA, Evolution)

Pablo, can you please write a quick howto on how to compile ews on
Ubuntu? I have version 11.04.

What I've done:

Install pkg git

git clone git://git.gnome.org/evolution-ews

Install pkg gnome-common gtk-doc-tools
I didn't install these, as I downloaded the packaged file.

cd evolution-ews

export EVOLUTION_DATA_SERVER_CFLAGS=/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2
export EVOLUTION_DATA_SERVER_LIBS=/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2
Didn't do this either.

./autogen.sh

configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.16.1
       gtk+-2.0 >= 2.20.0
       gconf-2.0 >= 2.0.0) were not met:

No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

Hehe, this is just the beginnig. This is the list of packages I had to install in order for it to build:

libedata-cal1.2-dev
libecal1.2-dev
libebackend1.2-dev
libedataserverui1.2-dev
libedataserver1.2-dev
evolution-data-server-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
libedata-book1.2-dev
evolution-dev

I guess gconf was included in one of the above, but in case it wasn't the package is libgconf2-dev.

I just cloned the git repo, and after installing gnome-common and gtk-doc-tools everything worked, so it should work for you too. Let me know if you still have errors, I might have missed a library above.

Regards.