Re: [Evolution] 'Default account': How used?

On Tue, 2011-05-03 at 08:35 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 12:28 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
When setting up an Account, there is an option to set it as the
'default' account, but Help doesn't say what that setting governs.

I believe it is the account used for send settings if no account is
currently selected.

Does it, for example, simply mean the account to be used for SMTP
purposes to send email, where several accounts are defined?

If you have several accounts defined the default used will be the
currently selected account.... or [I believe] fall-back to the "default"
account.

The default account is only a convenience.

When you create a new message, evolution automatically fills in the
sender information with the default account.

If you have only one account, of course, that's the one you would have
to use.

If you have more than one account, the default is selected but you have
the option to choose any other account available.

You may choose any account you have created for any message you compose
or to which you reply.