Re: [Evolution] OK_someone explain this: OO Calc cell contents to Evolution image attachment

On Sun, 2011-03-13 at 08:04 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sat, 2011-03-12 at 18:46 -0500, Carpet Nailz wrote:
Why does Evo turn this item into an image and make it an attachment?
When I right click the "attachment" and open it with Image Viewer, it
just shows the string of numbers.

I believe this got sorted out in either Evolution 2.30 or 2.32 after a
lengthy discussion on this mailing list last year.  OO Calc advertises
both image and HTML clipboard formats, and with the advice of a couple
list subscribers here I tuned Evolution's clipboard format selection
algorithm to better handle this and similar use cases.  It now pastes
spreadsheet cells as tables instead of images.

Matthew Barnes

This is actually not very friendly either - the tables get in the way
when trying to format the result - at least that explains why its so
painful.  An example for gnumeric is pasted below (data is from a
database exported to csv) - there appears to be no way to remove the
table so you can adjust any formatting even though its a plain text
email.  (I usually paste into gvim to remove the tables then paste into
the email, edit then send - sometimes a lot of extra work.)

A better solution would be to use a table for an html email if you must,
but text for a plain text email (i.e., handle as text like gvim does).
I actually cant remember ever needing to place a table in an email - its
always send the whole spreadsheet as an attachment or a few fields as
below, which require editing so the tables have to be removed anyway.

Maybe there is some way to remove the table structure after pasting into
the email?

BillK

3E+07
xxxxxx