Re: [Evolution] Segfault in evolution recently

On Fri, 2011-03-04 at 15:33 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
Hi all,

First, the pastebin when this occurs:- http://pastebin.com/rkRk9s0L

Basically, during usage (seems to happen mainly when switching to other
folders to read/write) evolution segfaults. Sometimes output to terminal
is as above, sometimes there's no output except notification of a
segfault.

I'm using Arch Linux 64-bit, Evolution 2.32.2, accessing two imapx
servers running locally on dovecot (populated and synced by
offlineimap). I have the evolution-mapi and external-editor plugins
installed as well (though I don't use the former currently).

Advise please. I cannot trigger this reliably, sometimes it runs for 10
minutes just fine, other times it just crashes the first time I switch a
folder or read a message.

        Hi,
make sure you've installed debug info packages for evolution-data-server
and evolution, and then try to reproduce this under valgrind, which will
be pretty slow, but it may show what happened to the memory and where.
You can get a valgrind log with this command:
   $ G_SLICE=always-malloc valgrind --num-callers=50 evolution &>log.txt
and when it's finished then the log.txt file may contain the
information. Note that valgrind can sometimes prevent crash and report
issue to the console/log only.
        Bye,
        Milan