Re: [Evolution] What is a .ics file?

Hi Leonard,

to answer the subject field:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/ICalendar

On Sun, 2011-06-19 at 13:20 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
Barnes and Noble's website advertised certain events, and when I clicked on
"add to Calendar" in the webiste entry in firefox, it brought up a .ics file
which I had the choice of opening in evolution.   I said it was a
VCS/ICS calendar.  When I told it to open the file, I got an Evolution Import Assistant,
which was entitled Import Data - Icalendar files (.ics).  I then clicked Forward which
opened a window entitled Import Location,  I could specify either Appointments and
Meetings or Tasks.  I specified the former.  I could also choose between On This
Computer of Contacts, and again I chose the former, and clicked Forward.  The sequence of
windows  then sopped, but  I couldn't find any evidence of the item in my Evolution
Calendar, or anywhere else in Evolution.

"On this Computer" itself cannot be chosen, but the "Personal" calendar
that is located on the computer - that's probably what you meant.
After having chosen the calendar to import to, another last tab will be
displayed that requires clicking an "Apply" button to actually start
importing the file.

andre
--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed