Re: [Evolution] Handling huge Exchange mailboxes

From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Fri, 17 June, 2011 7:03:50
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Handling huge Exchange mailboxes

On Thu, 2011-06-16 at 16:41 +0200, Bakay Árpád wrote:
> Evolution does crash sometimes for me (I am planning to go after
> those), but maybe
> even more annoying is that about 50-70% of the time it is almost
> completely blocked by tasks like
> "Refreshing Folder ...an exchange folder... and a slow-moving
> precentage counter" "Getting Summary information..." etc.

    Hi,
how do you connect to your exchange server, please? There are various
ways to connect there, apart of standard ways like IMAP or POP (if
enabled on the server) then also by evolution-exchange or evolution-mapi
(and evolution-ews, as you mentioned).
    Bye,
    Milan

Hi :)
I found that a number of things had to be switched on at the Exchange rather than at the Evo end.  I don't know how to enable pop3 or imap as our Server Admin did the job for me.
Regards from
Tom :)