Re: [Evolution] MS Exchange Server

From: David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org>
To: Tom Davies <tomdavies04 yahoo co uk>
Cc: evolution-list gnome org
Sent: Wed, 15 June, 2011 17:34:35
Subject: Re: [Evolution] MS Exchange Server

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 15:31 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

> http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/exchange-configure.html.en
> http://library.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/usage-mainwindow-starting.html.en

Hm, those are hopelessly out of date. Aren't they only valid for
Exchange Server 2003? If you have anything newer, they don't work.

They should probably point to MAPI or EWS for newer servers.

I'll have ActiveSync working shortly too; I'm at the point where I can
enumerate mail folders, list mail therein and actually read email.
There's more functionality to add, of course, and some minor details
like making it actually report an error rather than crashing if it can't
reach the server, etc. :)

dwmw2

Hi :)
Somehow we managed to get it all working reasonably easily.  It seems the main problem was that pop3 & imap had both been switched off.  When they got switched on a pop-up box appear asking me to login.  I can now receive but not send.  Also i have no idea how to repeat on other machines but now i know it works sooo easily it's fun to poke around.
Regards from
Tom :)