Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.1.1 compilation - gtkimageview problem

On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 16:26 +0200, Bakay Árpád wrote:
When trying to compile the latest Evolution, it expected to find and
use gtkimageview, version 2.0.

However, I was unable to find it on the Net, only v. 1.6.4 is
available, even at the official-looking site
http://bjourne.webfactional.com/

I could get along with disabling imageview from evolution, but where at
all could it be downloaded?

You can't.  There is no gtkimageview for GTK3 at present, but I'm still
holding out hope the author will port the library to GTK3.  It's a nice
little library.  Evolution 2.x used it to let you pan and zoom large
image attachments, like you can in Eye on GNOME or gThumb.

The gtkimageview 2.0 requirement is a bogus version that I added in the
run up to GNOME 3.0.  It was meant to be a temporary placeholder until a
new gtkimageview was released, but since there is still no such release
I shall disable the check altogether to avoid further confusion.

Sorry about that.

Matthew Barnes