Re: [Evolution] delete from trash

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 00:04 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 02:25 +0430, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:
Many of evolution's user want to delete from Trash without empty trash,
How do i it?Is it possible?

Since version 3.0 Evolution uses Maildir as the local storage format so
I guess that it's possible.
Not for version 2.32 though because that version still uses mbox.

I'm not sure what the OP wants to do (expunge individual messages
perhaps?), but he didn't say he meant local mail. And of course Trash is
a virtual folder so the local format is irrelevant in any case, unless
you mean going outside Evo and hacking the storage directly ...

I imagine one (laborious) way would be to move all the *other* messages
in Trash to a temporary folder, Empty Trash, then move them back again
(not forgetting to delete or expunge the temporary folder as well).

poc