Re: [Evolution] how do I empty a junk folder?

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 06:42 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 09:54 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 22:35 -0700, John Metzer wrote:
Sorry for such an elementary question but how do you empty a Junk
folder?  I tried Expunge and that did not work.  I have 30k emails in
my junk folder.
Delete them first, like in any "normal" folder.

If your Junk folder is on a Cyrus IMAP server you can set the "expire"
metadata attribute on the folder and the ipurge utility will
automatically remove messages older than the specified number of days.
Very nice for SPAM / Junk folders, user's don't need to manage them.

Surely the "Junk" folder in Evo2 is a virtual folder containing those
emails marked as junk in the Inbox (? + others?).  As such it doesn't
exist as a real folder on the IMAP server so can't be controlled in such
a way.

There is obviously the discussion as to whether this is the "correct"
way to approach the Junk & Deleted mails (but not here), but in Evo
2.24.1.1 that the OP is using, that is how it's done.

As others have said, go into the Junk folder, select all mail (Ctrl-A),
press delete.  Now you need to either Expunge the Inbox (NOT the Junk
folder - it's a virtual one remember) or do File -> Empty Wastebasket.

P.