[Evolution] Conversion failure, Datastructure mess, Crashes

I have just upgraded from Fedora-13 to Fedora-15, which uses a maildir
format rather than the mbox format previously used.  Evolution crashed
in the conversion process, leaving me in a mixed state with a few of the
maildir folders, which are (I think) in
    ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local/cur
and most of the remaining data structure in mbox form in various files in
    ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local_mbox

Since I've been using evolution about 4 days since the upgrade, some of
my messages are in one format, and some in the other, and some in both.

Also, Evolution now crashes whenever it has to file a message I have
sent in a folder other than "Sent", probably because there is no folder
available of the right kind.

Any advice on how to straighten out this mess would be very welcome.

jon