Re: [Evolution] Preview vertical layout

On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 05:49 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 09:30 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 and thought I'd give Evolution a
try.  I'm mostly happy except for a things here and there which, no
doubt, will eventually push me to another application.  For example, I
have a wide screen and have set up my preview layout to be vertical
instead of the default horizontal
However, Evolution creates a narrow preview pane and a very very wide
messages pane which, obviously, is pointless.  So I drag the divider
to the left, making the preview pane wider.
Evolution forgets about this when I re-start it and defaults the
preview pane to a super narrow one.  Is there a way to fix this?
Without further info it's impossible to say -

Well, I can say: works-for-me.  Evolution remembers the vertical mode
arrangement of the view between quite and restart.

Yes it works for me as well.  But it depends on what the OP is using.
The value is stored in Gconf to maintain state and held in the
key /apps/evolution/mail/display/hpaned_size - if the OP is using evo
on, say, kde and gconf isn't working, then value won't be stored.

You can see what's happening by running the command

  gconftool-2 -g /apps/evolution/mail/display/hpaned_size

to give you the value of that key.  Changing the size of the preview
pane should result in that value changing.

P.