Re: [Evolution] evolution-mapi and openchange - hard dependency on samba4?

On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 09:37 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2011-01-24 at 16:22 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
Does evo-mapi 2.32 (openchange 0.10) have a hard dependency on
samba4-alpha13? Would alpha14 work just as well (the Samba folk seem to
think so, but it doesn't seem to here).

      Hi,
wasn't there an API change in openchange 0.10 (with compare of 0.9)?
Maybe it's only reaching, though if not, then evolution-mapi 0.32
doesn't have necessary changes, whereas the git master of it has, but it
requires more recent evolution-related packages than 2.32.

Also note that the openchange itself has the dependency on samba4, not
evolution-mapi. I do not know how you compile openchange, but if you do
"make samba" in its directory, then try "make samba-git", if you wish.
      Bye,
      Milan

P.S.: as Andre said, your "doesn't work" is really too vague.

What I'm gathering from your answer is that I should really be asking
the openchange people? (sort of assumed they'd also be the evo-mapi
people).

For the record, openchange 0.10 is based on samba4-alpha13, that's the
combination I was previously using before I lost access to my mapi
account. evo-mapi 0.32 is of course based on openchange 0.10.

So my modified question is whether openchange 0.10 works with
samba4-alpha14. Should I bring this to another list/forum/location?