Re: [Evolution] Search folder dies with this condition

On Sun, 2011-01-09 at 14:01 +0200, Jeremy Nell wrote:
I'm using IMAP with my Gmail account.  If I create a search folder
(within specific folders such as Inbox and Sent), then it all works
fine.

If I want the condition to include messages sent AND received from, say,
John Doe, then I create two conditions: one as "Sender contains" and one
as "Recipients contains".  This works fine.

However, if I use the single condition "Sender or recipients" for the
same person (which, as I understand, is the above two conditions merged
into one). then everything falls apart; the folders become blank and Evo
goes mad in the status bar, "retrieving" this and that, but seemingly
not getting anywhere.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am almost 100% certain that you have set up your GMail account to
synchronize mail locally. This is never a good idea with GMail since
each message is duplicated in multiple folders.

Go to your account preferences for GMail, select "Receiving Options" and
turn off the checkbox that says "Automatically synchronize remote mail
locally".

Best,
  KÃre