Re: [Evolution] Evolution backup problem

Hello,

I can go to File > Backup settings and create >>evolution-backup.tar.gz.
<<< on my external hard drive, which as you say shows up on “Places”.

But when I want to test the backup I go to File > Restore Settings,

I get to evolutionbackup.tar.gz on the hard drive but can do nothing
with it!

The first thing that comes in my mind is that you may not have enough
space on the hard drive. I am not sure how evolution handles
situations where there is no space left on the device when creating a
backup. You should be able to open the archive in the file manager as
it is a tar.gz file.

Constantin