Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 22:32 -0500, metzer metzerfarms com wrote:
This morning Evolution tried to download an email with an excessive
number of pictures and choked. So I went to web2mail.com, read and
deleted the email. But I still cannot download any emails through
Evolution. It continues trying to download every ten minutes but the
Debug Log says:

Cannot append message to mbox:/home/john/.evolution/mail/local/ Inbox:
File too large

What do I do?

I have gone back to mail2web.com and it does not show any large emails.
I have deleted all junk emails there, leaving only 3 or 4 regular emails
I want to save.

Start by telling people what version of Evolution this is. You should
always do this when asking questions here. It's also useful to give your
message a Subject so people can find it later.

That said, the error you're getting seems to be related to the mail
file, not to the size of the message, so deleting stuff from the server
isn't going to make any difference.

Is this a POP server? You don't say. If it is, then your local mail is
probably in mbox files (one file per folder). Older versions of Evo
can't handle such files if they grow over 2GB in size. This may be the
source of your problem.

poc