Re: [Evolution] Evolution triggering program

Dnia 2011-02-10, czw o godzinie 14:19 +0000, Anthony Kavanagh pisze:
Hopefully someone can help me out with a new evolution problem. I want a
certain key word in a subject of a received email to kick off a certain
program. Evolution seemed to have exactly this option in message
filters. But it doesn't seem to work as it should for me.

I did a little test by first making a simply pop-up script called
TESTER. I tested this via terminal and it runs fine. I then added the
evolution filter:

if subject contains TESTER:
change colour to blue
Run Program ~/bins/TESTER.

Now if I send myself an email with the subject TESTER the colour does
indeed change but there is no pop up. If I select the email and hammer
ctrl+y (to reapply filters) loads of times it will eventually. But
clearly this is not right.
[cut]
Sounds like you have a lot of filters, and some other filters are
triggered befor your TESTER filter is reached. Try to place TESTER
filter at the begin of your rules - might help.
--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521