Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.32.2 crashing with Segmentation fault

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 22:23 +0530, Muneeb Shaikh wrote:
I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 with all updates till now. Evolution was
working fine but suddenly (might be my mistakes) it started crashing.
Here's the log

I tried reinstalling but it didn't work.

it might be something with underlying data. The paste above shows only
console output, but not the backtrace. I would try something like this
to get the backtrace:
  $ gdb evolution --ex r --ex "t a a bt" --ex q
but make sure you've installed debug info packages at least for
evolution-data-server and evolution.

Tim had forwarded me this:

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 07:07 +0200, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 23.08.2011, 10:30 -0700 schrieb Tim Wescott:
I'm using the version of Evolution that comes with Ubuntu 11.04: 2.32.2.
It is running slowly, and it is crashing on me unexpectedly.  The
crashes sometimes happen at startup, most often when I send mail (in
which case the mail seems to get through, but nothing gets put into my
"sent" box).

I think I may have done this myself: for a while I had been running
Evolution from my laptop in the house, thinking that since it ran at all
it would run trouble free (and is it that hard to check for another
running version?)  Apparently what I did instead was to corrupt some

I know that my address book is corrupted -- fortunately I have an
exported copy that's quite recent.

When I start it up from a command line I get a flood of messages akin to
the following

(evolution:8199): camel-WARNING **: Could not find key entry for word

with various different (large) numbers at the end of the line.  Then it
either crashes with a segmentation fault, or it says

(evolution:8361): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class EMFolderTree
doesn't implement property 'paste-target-list' from interface

(evolution:8361): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Object class EMFolderTree
doesn't implement property 'copy-target-list' from interface

and starts up.

Anyone know what's going on, and what I might try to fix this?  I'm
about ready to go back to Thunderbird.

Well, you could start with a clean setup, i.e. make a backup of you
evolution data, by running the Backup/Restore from the File-menu and
then rename ~/.evolution, ~/.local/share/evolution,
~/.local/config/evolution, ~/.cache/evolution. Also run gconf-editor and
delete the key for /apps/evolution.
Then restart evolution and see if it comes up cleanly or if those
messages appear again. Maybe, something is wrong with your installation
and you need to reinstall evolution.
Then use the Backup/Restore from the menu again to reimport your
backed-up data.
If the import does not run cleanly, try importing the missing stuff
one-by-one using the import functionality, also from the file menu.
By one-by-one, I mean calendar ics-files, address-book files, mbox files
and so-on.
Hope that helps!!

I did that now the problem is solved. :)

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]