Re: [Evolution] Problems setting up evolution to use gmail as outgoing server.

On Sat, 2011-08-13 at 11:35 -0500, Leonard Evens wrote:
I am trying to to set up evolution on my Fedora 14 system so that it
uses gmail as the outgoing server.  Up til now I have been using my
computer at Northwestern, and it has worked that way for years.  But I
have to stop doing that.

My gmail account is configured on the 'Sending Email' page with these
differences:

Under Sending Email I have
Server type SMTP
Server: smtp.gmail.com:587

  Server: smtp.gmail.com:465

Server requires authentication checked
SSL encryption

Authentication Type:

  PLAIN

Username:  my username
Remember password checked.

The first time I tried to use it, it requested my password, which I gave
it.  It no longer requests it.  But every time I try to send a message,
it gets stuck in my Outbox and never gets sent.

What might be wrong?

HTH, Fred