Re: [Evolution] total amount of memorized mails and maildir

On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 17:39 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 10:25:19 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Create a maildir mailbox ....
   How does one do that?
(The  'new folder' option does not provide such a choice.)
The only way I could find to have Maildir folders was in the Account
ISP setup, and that did not provide for reading email into it (i.e.
could not define a POP3 server to fetch email into Maildir folder).

Correct, create a new account that is Maildir; then move the mail from
INBOX to that account.

(Did not opt for IMAP as that incurs an extra ISO charge - not good
for pensioners...)

mail.opera.com
fastmail.fm [although the free account is limited].

Both provide *real* IMAP, support Open Source, and operate on an Open
Source platform; unlike other 'free' account providers who I won't name.