Re: [Evolution] Evol'n asks for Keyring default "to unlock"

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 12:34 +0100, Maurice Batey wrote:
When first using Evolution each day it prompts:

   "Enter password of keyring 'Default' to unlock"

I enter my KDE login password and then all is well.

Not a big nuisance, but as I already enter the password at login it
seems redundant.

I can't find any Evolution setting that governs it.
Is there a simple way of preventing this prompt?

This is a PITA caused by the fact that KDE and Gnome use two different
keyring systems. Since Evo is a Gnome app, it won't read your KDE
password directly from your KDE wallet. I have the same problem BTW.
Just suck it up.

There's supposed to be some kind of interoperability project under
development, but it seems to be taking forever. Most Gnome users seem to
run Evo, and most KDE users seem to run Kmail, so I guess the pressure
to make this work just hasn't reached critical mass.

poc