Re: [Evolution] oledata.mso

On Sep 16, 2010, at 8:05 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:

Ive just received an email that was sent using the "send to" of MS word.
The word document is apparently embedded in the document (and evo
displays it inline reasonably well) but the attachment bar only shows a
png image (which was embedded in the original word document) and
oledata.mso which is apparently a "how to display the document" info
file. The email message has numerous "parts" which probably include the
original document.

Is it possible to either access the original word document, or recover
it from either within evo or another application working on the raw
email data file without resorting to outlook?

It probably needs an OLE implementation to be read, but I'm no expert in MS garbage.

If it were me, I'd tell the sender to resend using standard Internet mail. The trouble with futzing around looking for a solution at your end is that your correspondent won't notice there's a problem, which only encourages them. The whole point of using
standards is to avoid having to deal with this nonsense.

poc