Re: [Evolution] (no subject)

Let me tell you what the source of my evolution problem was.   My ISP, every
once in a while, changed my ip address.  When that happens, I have to tell
my office computer about the change so that it will allow communication from
my home machine.   I do this by changing an alas entry in /etc/hosts and
rebooting.    I was convinced I had done this, but apparently I hadn't
managed to accomplish the reboot.  A friend examined my system and notice it
hadn't been rebooted for over six weeks.   So I rebooted, and then
everything started working normally.

This was probably related to my concussion because under normal
circumstances, I would have double checked that  the machine had actually
been rebooted.

In any case, the problem was an ordinary garden variety one, which occurs
from time to time and generally doesn't cause me any problems.