Re: [Evolution] Evo fails t o empty trash completely!

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 18:45 +1200, Chris wrote:
Some time ago I faced the problem of 'Evo' failing to empty trash at
all
and ended up with 1000's of emails in the trash folder. The fix was a
work around at the time, however after a rebuild and upgrade to Ubu
10.04 I now find Evo 2.28.3 is doing it again...! Well nearly the
same!
Evo current version (unknown prior version issues) now empties
everything except Facebook emails, all from june to today?
They are all the notification type. This unbelievable, all the other
emails get deleted except Facebook!!

Since you don't tell us anything about your mail setup, it's a little
hard to say.

* Is this a POP or an IMAP account?

* If it's POP, is the local mailbox in mbox format?

* When you say that everything except Facebook notifications is being
deleted, do you mean before or after expunging the folder? If it's
after, and the folder is mbox, this implies that the compacted mbox file
still contains the deleted Facebook messages, but not others. Is this
what you mean?

* Do you have any filters that would (intentionally or not) match the
Facebook messages? If so, what do they do?

poc