Re: [Evolution] help with English "top post msg"

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 17:32 -0700, Brewster Gillett wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 08:20 +0900, nomnex wrote:
Many people do not read quotes in the messages
by the simple fact they are so accustomed to top posting answers (in the
Outlook way).

bg:

Mild correction, sir - top posting is not "The Outlook Way".
Outlook will accommodate proper bottom posting just as readily
as any other email client software.

Top-posting, properly assigned its "way" description, would
be best described as "Clueless Newbie Way" :-)

Cheers,

Brewster

Or perhaps top posting should be described "the way most of the world
does it despite being constantly chivvied by old timers on the internet
that bottom posting is the only way." - that tells me something :)

Live and let live and get on with your life, be tollerant.

Actually, a far far greater sin is not trimming messages - I admit I
rarely read a bottom posted messages that scroll off the screen before
they get to the reply - wasted!  Actually, maybe bottom posters should
just do that, not bother reading top posts?

And I am bottom posting because thats the way it was already organised.

:)
BillK