Re: [Evolution] Odd text display character drops

You should look at the source of what you sent (ctrl-U) to better see
what happens.

        Xav

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 03:45 -0700, Brewster Gillett wrote:
For years I have grown accustomed to annoying oddities in messages
from people with Yahoo email accounts, generally when in reply edit
mode. Text enclosed in dotted-line boxes which appear and disappear, and
resist trimming edits. But this is something new - and my question, for
those who might possibly have encountered something similar, is, is this
an artifact of Yahoo Mail's peculiarities, or something Evo is doing?

A friend of mine is in the habit of placing amusing headlines in his sig
line. Here is one that popped up yesterday in his sig; I have retyped
the full version to show all the original words, as he saw them on
his system:

On the day her father won the New Hampshire primary in 2008, Meghan
McCain feared she would be arrested for removing Mitt Romney campaign
signs from a Nashua street corner," reports the Boston Globe.

But here's where it gets spooky. The first increment below is how my
system reproduced it when it first appeared. The second one is from
subsequent correspondence after I'd asked him what it looked like
from *his* end:
(1)
"On the day her father won the New Hampshire primary in 2008, Meghan
McCa
paign signs from a Nashua street corner," reports the Boston Globe.
(2)
"On the day her father won the New Hampshire p
e arrested for removing Mitt Romney campaign signs from a Nashua
street corner," reports the Boston Globe.

I cannot visualize what mechanism could be operating, either at
Yahoo or in Evo, to drop some parts of a text string in one message
as viewed by the recipient, then different parts of the same string
in a subsequent transmission less than an hour later.

I hasten to confirm that these are not manifestations occurring
when in Reply Edit mode - this is how the text block looked in the
two original emails as I received them.

Have any of you seen anything resembling this? I am asking the list
because of the possibility that it is the result of some optioning
that I have yet to discover in Evo.

Thanks,

Brewster