[Evolution] Backing up Evolution

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 22:27 -0700, Martha McLaren wrote:
Thanks for this link.  I was easily able to create a backup for
Evolution -- it is now visible as an icon on my desktop.  Can someone
advise me whether I need to attach this and email it someplace to save
it? I'm assuming I can't just leave it on the desktop when I install
an
updated version of Ubuntu.

bg:

Why not just copy it to a thumb drive?

Brewster
--

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'm getting closer to being able to do my
re-install, but here's another Evolution question.  I now have the

Question 1: Would this backup (theoretically at least) contain my myriad
Evolution files and their contents? (Judging by the length of time to
back up, it might.)
Question 2: Once I've done my Ubuntu 10.04.1 install, assuming that I've
indeed saved the contents of Evolution, where would I look for guidance
in moving my files into the new version?

Thank you,

Martha
Embrace a sharing community of sustainable justice low-carbon diversity