Re: [Evolution] Problems with Exchange MAPI

On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 14:54 -0300, Pablo Saavedra wrote:
I'm having problems logging in to our exchange server using exchange MAPI. I
enter the URL, username and domain and it gives me an authentication
failure. I tried both OWA and mail server url, and the username with and
without @domain.com.

        Hi,
could you run evolution from console like this
   $ EXCHANGEMAPI_DEBUG=1 evolution
and try to authenticate against the server, whether it'll show you the
reason, why it failed, please? You can also try to export MAPI_DEBUG=10,
which shows raw communication between libmapi and the server, but it's
hard to read and very chatty, so I would suggest to skip this unless
really necessary needed.

You can also try to configure a profile for openchangeclient and try to
connect to the server with it. You can create a profile with mapiprofile
and then use it with openchangeclient. This is out of scope of this
email, though, but the profile uses same values as evolution's UI.

With respect of the values used for the account setup:
 - Server - is just server IP or address without protocol,
   like exchange.example.com
 - User name - well, it depends on the server setup, but there is
   usually set a username, not an email address, as a login
 - Domain - this is a windows domain, in which is user defined.
   It's not the example.com domain from the url. Your admins may be
   able to tell you the right domain for your user.

The other possibility can be that your server allows only secure
connections. This feature can be enabled in UI of later evolution-mapi,
like 0.32.0. There's a flag in the profile to enable this. But it might
not be that too, I do not know, it all really depends on the error
returned from the libmapi during profile creation.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan