Re: [Evolution] Frequent crashes when moving messages from folder to folder

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 22:37 +0200, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
First I would like to know: Are there any known stability
problems, e.g. when moving messages from one folder (local) to
another (exchange server)?

        Hi,
it's hard to tell without gdb's "thread apply all bt" whether it's known
or not.

I use Debian with evolution and evolution-exchange 2.30.2-1.

I guess, and really only guess (see above), that might be related to
large file support enabled in evolution-data-server in Debian, which
makes trouble with CamelStreamMem, which is used widely in
evolution-exchange. There were bugs filled about crashing evo on various
places when using CamelStreamMem. The 2.32.0 has this fixed, but your
version unfortunately not (unless they backported it, which I doubt,
because it was an API change).

I do not follow Debian distribution, thus you might ask there, but the
solution is either to enable large file support in all evolution
packages or in none, with that 2.30.x version. The easiest is to disable
it in evolution-data-server for now, and wait on 2.32.0 to re-enable it
(it's enabled by default in 2.32.0).

Nonetheless, to be really sure, please provide backtrace of the crash
with debug info packages installed.
        Bye,
        Milan